OTRC Quiz Night - Saturday 12th November 2016 - 19:00-23:00
OTRC AGM - 18th November 2016 - 19:30
All OTRC members are invited to the Annual General Meeting of the Club to be held at the Ship Inn, West Street, Oundle at 19:30 on 18th November 2016. All members, including juniors and their adult representatives are very welcome.
The agenda will be:
- Minutes from previous AGM
- Mattes Arising from minutes of previous AGM
- Club Captains (1 report)
- Election of Officers
- Clubhouse Project Update
- AOB (items in this category must be submitted to the Secretary before the meeting starts)
Copies of the minutes from the previous AGM will not be freely available at the meeting. They are published here. (downloads a pdf to your default downloads directory) Please print and take your own copy to the meeting, if needed.
Please pay particular attention to Agenda Item 5, where new committee members will be elected. All committee posts are open for nominations. The following posts make up the OTRC Committee (current incumbent in brackets):
- Chairman (Alan McMurdo)
- Treasurer (Janet McMurdo)
- Club Captain(s) (Simon Murray - Ladies, Anita Dunn - Juniors, Becky Smith - Men)
- Club Secretary (Jennie Stratton)
- Membership Secretary (Martine Chandler)
- Publicity Officer (Angela Hook)
- Site Manager (Philip Chandler)
- Equipment and Boathouse Manager (Hugh McCormack)
- Social Officer (Rhona Murray)
- Fundraising Officer (Anita Dunn)
- Safety Officer (Dick Meads)
- Welfare Officer (Peter Cook)
- Recreational Rowing Co-ordinator (George Smid)
- Junior Representative (Daisy Attley)
100 Club - A great fundraising initiative - with cash prizes!!
The new season has started for the OTRC. 100 club and we have 3 winners for September:
1st prize, £10 no. 25
2nd prize, £6 no. 27
3rd prize, £4 no. 22
Easy to join this year either when renewing annual or monthly membership or contact Rhona for more info.
Fees are no longer payable online, and are to be paid in advance of all races direct to Keely, please.
Twitter and Facebook for NDRA
River Level at Lilford Lock
The DfE site changes are now available from the link in the right hand column and also here.
Oundle Town Rowing Club is a fully inclusive Community Sports Club and welcomes members of all abilities and ages. We have a strong competitive group of adults and juniors who take part regularly in Regattas and Head Races. We also have a large group of recreational rowers and a growing number of disabled and visually impaired rowers.
The club is Club Mark accredited and affiliated to British Rowing.
We have 12 British Rowing qualified coaches providing free coaching to all members.
The club has a boathouse on the River Nene on the Barnwell Estate south of Oundle with in excess of 25 boats ranging from singles, through double/pairs, quad/fours to an eight. There are 2 launches that provide coaching and safety cover on the three and half kilometres of river between Barnwell Mill and Lilford lock.
We have close links with Oundle's Prince William School..
The club provides a rowing and fitness programme for adults and juniors year round with indoor winter training at Prince William School.
- Tuesday 6.30pm - 8.30pm Adult rowing on the water.
- Thursday 6.30pm - 8.30pm - Adult rowing on the water.
- Saturday 8.00am - 4pm - Juniors and Adults on the water in multiple sessions. Competition training.
- Sunday 9.00am - 10:30am and 10:30am to 12pm Junior and recreational Rowing on the water
- Tuesday 7pm - 8pm Adults Ergo session indoor at PWS
- Thursday 7pm - 8pm Club circuit training session indoor at PWS
- Saturday 8.00am - 2pm - Juniors and Adults on the water in multiple sessions. Competition training.
- Sunday 9:00am to 10:30am and 10.30am to 12pm Junior and recreational Rowing on the water
Please note Summer and Winter are very subjective and as such it is suggested contact is made with the club prior to attendance to ensure which session is occurring.